[sane-devel] Re: [hpoj-devel] Patch to show existense of hpoj backend.

Jarl Friis jarl@softace.dk
18 Oct 2002 11:59:43 +0200

David Paschal <paschal@rcsis.com> writes:

> Jarl Friis wrote:
> > I suggest the following patch to help sys-admins and package
> > maintainers to use sane with the hpoj backend.
> >
> > I just read that code-freeze for 1.0.9 is today, so in lack of time
> > before code-freeze I have not been able to test the patch, but as the
> > change is only comments, it shouldn't be able to destroy anything.
> > +#To use hpoj backend you must install hpoj (from hpoj.sf.net)
> > +#hpoj
> One problem with adding this is that the hpoj installation process
> automatically adds an "hpoj" line, so you would end up with a possibly
> confusing situation of two such lines, one commented out somewhere in the
> middle and another not commented out at or near the end.  If it's done
> right, a binary package (such as the hpoj packages in Mandrake 9.0) should
> be able to do a similar thing, so this doesn't help all that much and
> will cause a similar problem of confusion.

If it's done really right ;-), a commented line like '#hpoj' is
substituted with an uncommented line like 'hpoj'. Further it doesn't
do anything if hpoj is allready listed in dll.conf

That is what the patch to SuSE RPM sent to
hpoj-devel@lists.sourceforge.net does.

Jarl