[sane-devel] 44-10 vs epson 1250

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:16:28 -0400

On Friday 18 October 2002 10:36, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 11:09:06PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Then having had to go into the icons preferences and find the
>> new xsane and set that, I fired it off.  Past the root warning
>> and it then says "scanning for devices" and hangs seemingly
>> forever as I eventualy had to kill it with kpm. I just started
>> it again after doing a sane-frontends-1.0.8  make install, and
>> its been hung now for about 2 minutes.  But a ctrl-alt-esc plus
>> a click on it kills it.
>
>Running xsane from an xterm like this:
>
>SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 xsane
>
>should print the backend that takes that long. Tell us, which one
> it is and comment it out in dll.conf (if it's not plustek
> itsself).

Hummm, its hanging on this:
[dll] load: couldn't open
`/usr/lib/qt3-gcc2.96/lib/libsane-epson.so.1' (No such file or
directory)
No longer exists on this system
[dll] load: trying to load `/libsane-epson.so.1'
[dll] load: couldn't open `/libsane-epson.so.1' (No such file or
directory)
[dll] load: trying to load `/usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-epson.so.1'
[dll] load: dlopen()ing `/usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-epson.so.1'
[dll] init: initializing backend `epson'

Commenting everything but plustek out in the dll.conf file now gets
me an instant 'no scanners found' message replacing the former hang
on the incompatible (gcc-2.96) epson driver.

Has epson re-released a new driver for this now?

See my previous message, I think its the kernel, as attempting to
list the fs/usb stuff in /proc takes long enough for the ice cream
to start dripping, about 40 or more seconds for each usb port.
Thats very odd.  I'm building the next one up now.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M