[sane-devel] Code-freeze for sane-1.0.9 active

Peter Fales psfales@lucent.com
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 11:39:13 -0500

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 09:34:49AM -0400, Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:

> I looked at this again and found out that when I change the line in question
> from
> sane_get_select_fd (SANE_Handle UNUSEDARG handle, SANE_Int * UNUSEDARG fd)
> sane_get_select_fd (SANE_Handle UNUSEDARG handle, SANE_Int UNUSEDARG * fd)
>
> (moved the asterisk after the UNUSEDARG macro), then it compiles. It still
> compiles on my Linux system (with gcc 2.95.3). I don't have the hardware
> to verify that this does not change the behavior. The fd argument is
> the only pointer that is used with UNUSEDARG. This explains why this
> error only shows up with the last instance of UNUSEDARG in this file.

I've gone ahead and made this change.  It breaks compilation on at
least one platform, and seems very safe - the fd argument is unused
afterall.

--
Peter Fales			  Lucent Technologies, Room 1C-436
N9IYJ            		  2000 N Naperville Rd PO Box 3033