[sane-devel] possible sane problem, not sure

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 07:56:23 -0400

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 04:12:43AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
[ ... ]
> kde's ocr program, kooka, when the epson gt-7200 backend is chosen,=20
> and a preview scan attempted using the default binary mode, the=20
> progress bar gets to 9% and everything goes to sleep, requiring a=20
> run of kpm to clean up the messy leftovers.

There is no "epson gt-7200" backend. The GT-7200 is the Perfection 1250
(just a different name for the same scanner), which means that the
standard EPSON backend will not work.=20

>=20
> Any idea to whom should I submit a bug report on this?

I don't know Kooka, but I guess it cannot be blamed for you selecting
the wrong backend. :-) It's also not a problem with the EPSON backend:
This scanner is not supported by this backend.=20

>=20
> Running it again, and choosing the plustek driver, it comes up with=20
> color as the mode choice, and does complete the preview scan, but=20
> then cannot rotate the resultant image to the landscape mode which=20
> would place the text in a normal upright orientation I presume the=20
> ocr program needs.

This means that the backend did it's job: The scanner was correctly
controlled and it did deliver the image.

Karl Heinz

--=20
Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk@khk.net
PGP Key at                 http://www.khk.net/download/khk.asc