[sane-devel] Scanners

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:31:36 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 12:17:24PM +0000, reynolg1 wrote:
> I have a trust USB 19200 except it's not a trust USB 19200.

Why do you think it's a Trust originally? Did you buy it from Trust
under the Trust brand? Trust usually resells scanners from other
manufacturers. Which one exactly? There are lots of Trust scanners
with "USB" and "19200" in their name.

Try the scanner search engine:
http://sane.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=Trust&model=&bus=usb

> ..it's a lifetec LT scanner.....did you guys know that trust do this
> sort of thing?

Basically, yes. They resell quite a lot of different scanners, e.g.
from Mustek. Which Lifetec scanner is it exactly?

Some are supported by the gt68xx backend
(http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/). Also check the
tevion9693usb at http://www.angelfire.com/linux/crapsite/ . Keep in
mind that Lifetec (and nowerdays Tevion) are brands of Medion, so the
names may vary.

> Is there a scanner you can reccomend that will be linux compatible?

All the scanners listed in the tables on mostang.com (and not marked
as "unsupported") should work. There have been quite some discussions
about recommended scanners, so maybe a search in the sane-devel
mailing list archive will help.