[sane-devel] Fwd: I killed my Epson perfection 1260 photo. Twice.

Volker Kuhlmann list0570@paradise.net.nz
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:51:49 +1300

> (sane-frontends-1.0.9-pre1) everything worked like a charm. Except my
> first scanner died after a few hours of scanning. In the middle of a

> replacement epson 1260. But today the same thing happened to my 'new'
> scanner: in a middle of a scan the epson dies.... I think I have used
> the new scanner for about 1 hour today, 3 hours yesterday and 3 hours 4
> days ago.

Looks like Epson made a dud batch, that happens with cheap consumer
rubbish^H^H^H^H^H^Happliances. I recently bought a pretty normal
telephone, and the first 2 died with the same fault within hours.

When you get it replaced, insist on the dealer giving you a new one from
a different batch. The dealer mightn't have any so you may have to wait.

Volker

http://volker.orcon.net.nz/		Please do not CC list postings to me.