[sane-devel] Fwd: I killed my Epson perfection 1260 photo. Twice.

Kees Lemmens C.W.J.Lemmens@its.tudelft.nl
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:07:05 +0200

Hi,

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 20:51, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
> > (sane-frontends-1.0.9-pre1) everything worked like a charm. Except my
> > first scanner died after a few hours of scanning. In the middle of a
> >
> > replacement epson 1260. But today the same thing happened to my 'new'
> > scanner: in a middle of a scan the epson dies.... I think I have used
> > the new scanner for about 1 hour today, 3 hours yesterday and 3 hours 4
> > days ago.
>
> Looks like Epson made a dud batch, that happens with cheap consumer
> rubbish^H^H^H^H^H^Happliances. I recently bought a pretty normal
> telephone, and the first 2 died with the same fault within hours.
>
> When you get it replaced, insist on the dealer giving you a new one from
> a different batch. The dealer mightn't have any so you may have to wait.
>
> Volker

Had a similar problem with an Epson 1240 about 6 months ago: failed with the
same symptoms after one day of use. It was sent back to Epson to be repaired
(this took 6 weeks .....) but since then it has worked flawlessly although it
is used quite often.

--
groeten,
Kees Lemmens.