[sane-devel] USB kernel scanner driver

Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:39:13 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 06:21:50PM +0100, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
> The other backends that spring to mind as using the scanner module are
> the hp backend, which uses the scanner backend,

Oh, that one doesn't even use sanei_usb. Changing that one will be a
bit more work. I didn't even know that there are USB backends that
don't use sanei_usb.

> and the avision backend which uses the hpusbscsi module.

I don't think that these "special" scanner driver modules will be
removed. It actually makes sense to keep them in kernel space, because
they do a bit more then just link the bulk in/out to a device file.

PS: Does it make sense to send more updates for your USB scanner page?
I haven't seen any update of the page after your question for more
comments or are you still waiting for more?