[sane-devel] No Sane Device Found

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 04:11:00 +0100

> pnm is not enabled in dll.conf (#pnm).	I also checked my system, it
> has two /etc/sane.d, one from the root '/' and the other is from
> /usr/local/etc/sane.d. I think the previous installation is in root
> directory and maybe in uninstalling the previous copy was
> unsuccessful. Any suggestion on how will i uninstall the previous
> installation? I tried to uninstall it  I tried using it but pnm is
> not also enabled that's why i tried re installing another version.

It doesn't really hurt to have both around since the path is hardcoded
into each copy of SANE so each copy will only see their own
configuration. I don't know RPM, but with Debian's dpkg, configuration
data is left lying around when you just remove a package, but it's
easy to delete it using dpkg at any time. If RPM doesn't register it
as an installed package, then you can safely remove the directory
/etc/sane.

In any case, if you want the PNM backend to work, you have to enable
it (remove the '#') in the relevant dll.conf.

Could you please, as a courtesy to other list members, snip your
posts? Getting the whole digest of the day is quite a burden on many
mailboxes (and users who have to read through them).

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net
    www:    http://andras.webhop.org/