[sane-devel] Canon_pp errors with Sane 1.0.9

Matthew Duggan stauff@guarana.org
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 17:42:17 +1000

Quoting Emil Soleyman-Zomalan <emil@nishra.com>:

> Hi folks,

> The first half of the output shows that the scanner is at parport0 and
> correctly detects port options. Once the scanner is awakened, the xsane
> control panel comes up and I then choose either "acquire preview" or
> "scan". If you look at the output, you can see that IEEE transfer starts
> to decrement from 63600 down to 62 bytes once the scanner is in motion.
> When IEEE transfer gets down to 62 bytes, it just stops dead in its
> tracks.

What kernel version and hardware (ie, motherboard) are you running?  Is it
always 62 bytes from the end that it stops on, and if not how far in to the
scan does it happen?

I'm thinking this may be the ppdev issue other people have observed on 2.4.19,
but I've never seen myself since I still run 2.4.18.

Try enabling force_nibble in the canon_pp.conf and see if it makes any
difference (unfortunately this will make the difference of it running half the
speed, which is not so nice).

Cheers,

- Matthew Duggan