[sane-devel] losing hair and sleep over this

noah magikeye@scamptabulous.us
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:47:19 -0500

sorry i forgot to include that stuff before:
i'm using redhat 8
i tried two versions of sane, the one that comes with redhat 8 and 1.0.5.

here's the /proc/bus/usb/devices:
P:  Vendor=04b8 ProdID=010c Rev= 0.01
S:  Manufacturer=EPSON
S:  Product=Perfection640
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=40 MxPwr=  2mA
I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=usbscanner
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=02(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
T:  Bus=02 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=02 Cnt=03 Dev#=  5 Spd=1.5 MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs=  1

all the threads i've ever found on the web concerning people who had similar end rather dubiously with things like, "good luck," "see if that works," or "i can't think of anything else," with no reply from the original poster.
spooky,
noah

ps: another thing to keep in mind is that i've tried 3 different scanners. this is the most compatible one, but my usb bus found all the others and was able to report their manufacturer and product. sane-find-scanner found none of them.