[sane-devel] losing hair and sleep over this

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:55:12 -0500

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

Some of us have to work during the day ...

Even if yo change the kernel and Sane, stuff like hotplug is still
the same.
=46rom your other email I know that you are using Red Hat 8. I have no=20
experience with that, so I need somebody with experience to pitch in.

The /proc/bus/usb/devices output shows that the scanner is recongized
by the driver, this is good.=20

Can you please create a log file so that we can see what the EPSON
backend is doing (even though the problem is very likely not in
the backend, it's still important to see if it gets started at all):
Run the following commands in a terminal window:
export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=3D128
scanimage > /tmp/scan.log 2>&1

Please attach this to an email to me.

Karl Heinz

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 04:24:25PM -0500, noah wrote:
> anyone? this can't be a lost cause.
> could it be my distro? i don't really see how it could be if i used diffe=
rent versions of sane and the kernel. those are the only things that would =
affect this, no?