[sane-devel] [ANN] Viceo 0.6 driver release for SANE 1.0.9

Steven Ellis pinguellis@yahoo.co.uk
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:55:39 -0800 (PST)

This driver supports the E3 and E4 family of chips
which covers a variety of USB scanners from Genius,
Primax, and IBM. Details are on the website below

http://viceo.orcon.net.nz

NOTE the change of website as the ISP has locked me
out of the old website so I can't update the old
pages.

---

Finally had time to look at the issues with the 0.5
codebase and hope to have fixed most of the compile
problems. This release also includes a couple of
notible changes

1. Updated to work against sane-backends-1.0.9

2. Updates dll.conf file so viceo will be checked by
sanimage -L

3. Now includes intial cut at manual page and desc
file.

4. SANE_DEBUG_VICEO now works correctly. I broke a lot
of things with version 0.5 when I switched to using
SANE debugging and all these issues should now be
fixed.

STILL TO DO
1. Migrate to libusb so I can avoid the extra kernek
scanner patch.

2. Memory leaks. There are still a couple.

3. Extra scanners. Need to expand the supported list.

4. Tidy codebase - So it integrates better with SANE.

THE GOOD POINTS
It works. Well it mostly works. It works a hell of a
lot better than the 0.5 release. I now have a
reasonably stable code base to work on, plus the
changes are backed up.

Enjoy

Steve

=====
--
If you listen very carefully you can sometimes hear the dolphins sing

pinguellis@yahoo.co.uk