[sane-devel] [ANN] Viceo 0.6 driver release for SANE 1.0.9

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 00:59:56 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 01:55:39PM -0800, Steven Ellis wrote:
> This driver supports the E3 and E4 family of chips
> which covers a variety of USB scanners from Genius,
> Primax, and IBM. Details are on the website below
>
> http://viceo.orcon.net.nz
>
> NOTE the change of website as the ISP has locked me
> out of the old website so I can't update the old
> pages.

Ok, I'll update PROJECTS in CVS.

> 3. Now includes intial cut at manual page and desc
> file.

Well, if the .desc actually included the scanners, it would make sense
to add it to CVS :-)

> 1. Migrate to libusb so I can avoid the extra kernek
> scanner patch.

If possible, please try to use sanei_usb. I had only a quick look at
the kernel patch: are these READ/WRITE_REGISTER in kernel really
necessary? Can't they be done in user space by using kernel USB
control messages? The IOCTL_GET_VERSION may still be a problem,
though.