[sane-devel] losing hair and sleep over this

noah magikeye@scamptabulous.us
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 02:36:47 -0500

i actually figured out what it was, and i feel somewhat ashamed by how i didn't realize this in the first place.  even though i compiled the 2.4.19 kernel, i accidentally copied the 2.5.33 bzImage into my boot directory, so everytime i thought i was loading 2.4.19 it was just loading the 2.5.
i fixed this and it works fine in 2.4.19. i'm really an intelligent person, just not very perceptive.

so this means that it doesn't work in 2.5. i don't know if this is up to the kernel guys to fix or you guys to write compatible drivers (my own knowledge of c++ is limited to pacman and artificially "intelligent" othello) for it, but that's the scoop. in terms of my personal kernel compilation i'm pretty sure i had all the necesarry modules et c.

thanks a lot,
noah