[sane-devel] canon fb1210u usb film scanner

Ashley Scherger aws65@ozisp.com.au
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 23:35:11 +1100

Hello all

I am very new to linux and I cannot get my scanner
to work either on mdk9 or rh8, it is not even detected.
I contacted Canon tech support and was kindly told
that they do not support or want to support linux?

I will be sending their reply to th Aust Consumer Complaints
Commision because as far as I am concerned they dont
own any operating systems.

Anyhow I have a gigabyte ga6vxc7-x4 with a via apollo pro
chipset, so I hope some of the gurus on the list can give me some pointers.
I have also done a google search and come up with nada!!!

Thanks in advance
Ashley

---
This is a Norton free machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!