[sane-devel] canon fb1210u usb film scanner

Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:00:14 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 11:35:11PM +1100, Ashley Scherger wrote:
> I am very new to linux and I cannot get my scanner
> to work either on mdk9 or rh8, it is not even detected.
> I contacted Canon tech support and was kindly told
> that they do not support or want to support linux?

Usually it's better to ask support first and then buy the device :-)

> Anyhow I have a gigabyte ga6vxc7-x4 with a via apollo pro
> chipset, so I hope some of the gurus on the list can give me some pointers.
> I have also done a google search and come up with nada!!!

Maybe your search pattern wasn't that good? "sane canon usb" finds:
http://canonscanner.sourceforge.net/

I'm not sure if the linux tool also works with the 1210. But you have
the code for BSD so just convert it to Linux :-)