[sane-devel] SCSI timeout (sanei_scsi.c)

Sun, 1 Sep 2002 23:15:53 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 10:02:07PM +0200, abel deuring wrote:
> currently there is no way to change the timeout value programatically.
> (one more issue that should be fixed in Sane 2) I think that increasing
> the default timeout value is not a problem, unless we return to the
> _really_ long value of 10 minutes, as we had it before. It's simply too
> boring to wait for 10 minutes until you get an error ;)
>
> Perhaps we could use an enviroment variable to increase or decrease the
> timeout -- just in case that we have again a too short timeout value for
> some scanners...

That's a good idea. So we change SANE_SCSICMD_TIMEOUT to a static
variable (e.g. sane_scsicmd_timeout) throughout the code that is
initialized by 60. If variable SANE_SG_TIMEOUT is set,
sane_scsicmd_timeout is changed appropriately, e.g. in
sanei_scsi_open.

Can you do that? You are a lot more familiar with the SCSI code :-)