[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1650 Photo

powlow home@powlow.com
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 09:42:08 -0400

Hi,

am new here so i'll introduce myself.
allow myself to introduce.....myself
my name is Paulo and i live in Lisbon, Portugal.

i have an 'epson perfection 1650 photo' scanner and have just
reinstalled my machine with red hat 7.3 with all the relevant updates.

when my computer is booting, the scanner (usb) seems to be polled as
the main light blinks (a sign of activity for this printer).
using the sane-backends utility sane-find-scanner, the scanner is found
with vendor and model code. however, when starting xsane, an error of
no device found apears and the program exits, not even allowing any
configuration.

someone here at work spoke of hot plug(?) as a good idea to install.

can anyone point me in the right direction as i would be really happy
to get this working, meaning no need whatsoever for windows...

thanks in advance for any help
-paulo
    http://powlow.com