[sane-devel] Hp 6300C on FreeBSD seg fault

Michael Collette metrol@metrol.net
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 02:08:42 -0700

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 10:50 pm, Peter Kirchgessner wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> at least the scanner is working with USB under Linux. Even if the
> backend does not show the proper model.

I have a few more specifics on this that might be of some value to developers.
Would be curious to know if any of this holds true for running under Linux.

I am able to utilize xscanimage without any core dumps.  I can preview in full
color.  Unfortunately it's nearly unusable due to it being nearly 2 inches
off target in the preview scan.  In other words, whatever area I hi-lite to
do a full scan, I get an area about 2 inches below that.

XSane I've managed to work around to sort of usable.  If I do a half-tone
preview I can then do a full scan in color.  Unlike xscanimage, the selected
area appears to be right on target.  It's really hokey, but it's workable I
suppose.

Lastly, of course, the core dumps in XSane if one attempts to do a full color
or gray scale preview.

Are all these items specific to FreeBSD alone for this scanner?  Should I be
passing this information along to the uscanner developers?  Is there anything
else I should be looking to collect in the way of info?

--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark
to read."