[sane-devel] Re: RE: Epson 1650 USB SUSE 7.3

Graham Smith gqs@goanna.net.au
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:31:34 +1000

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:37, Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:
> This will not (yet) work with the EPSON backend. For
> USB scanners you have to tell the backend that the
> device is a USB device (ths is done with "usb /dev/..."
> in the configuration file). The parser will do the
> right thing for "xsane epson:usb/dev/usbscanner", even
> though this looks wrong.
>
> Karl Heinz

Hi Karl,

The funny thing is that with SuSE 8.0 the " xsane epson:/dev/usbscanner"
command does work. I was using the command to start xsane until I discovered
the Epson 1650 was not defined in hotplug.  The KDE menu is still currently
setup this way.

Regards,

Graham Smith