[sane-devel] Help for my Canon?

Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:38:41 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 07:56:23PM +0200, Ralf Schuh wrote:
> Please - can anyone answer my question about how to install a Canon N1240U
> under Sane?

Probably no one can answer this question because your scanner doesn't
seem to be supported by any backend. At least it doesn't show up in
the list of supported devices (see http://www.mostang.com/sane).

There is a project for the Canon 1220U but I don't know if these
scanners are similar:

Canon 1220U USB scanner (wip)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/canonscanner/

Maybe the scanner is similar to another one, can you tell us more
about it? E.g. Vendor and product ids (from syslog or
sane-find-scanner), which chipset is used, resolutions?