[sane-devel] Scanmaker E3 - aha152x - ava1502e

Matto Marjanovic maddog@mir.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 10:45:48 -0400

 >From: "Harald Schultz" <HSchultz@altermedia.power-up.de>
 >i've problems with my scanmaker e3 and the aha152x.
 >all is installed fine, scanner is detected, but when i want to scan
 >scsi frezzes after 5 sec. with following msg:
 >aha1502x0: no disconnected command for target 6/0
 >the scanner is making the normal noise,  but stops also after the 5 sec.
 >what should i do?

It looks like you need to disable disconnect/reconnect for your SCSI card.
 (The Microtek ScanMakers do not support this feature, so if the controller
 tries to disconnect to optimize the bus usage, it never can reconnect.
 The scanner continues to scan until its buffer is full, and then it stops,
 waiting for the next data request, which never comes....)

I've never tried this with an aha152x card, but the README.aha152x in the
 kernel source seems to indicate that you need to use "RECONNECT=0" as a
 module option.
If the card has its own BIOS, there may be a BIOS setting for this, too.

-matt m.

ps:  Note that if you are also using this controller for a hard disk,
      disk traffic will be forced to wait until the scanner is done,
      which can potentially hang your system if you are saving the scan
      to that disk!