[sane-devel] SANE support for Microtek USB scanners

Steve Nordquist signa@birch.net
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 00:05:58 -0500

On Monday 09 September 2002 11:45 am, you struggled free to say:
&> here's a letter i got from microtek . I got scanner Scanmaker 3800
&>
&> Dear sir,
&> We do not have Linux drivers, please look on :
&> http://panda.mostang.com/sane/
&> You can most probably find a driver there.
&>
&> Regards
&> Wilfried
&>
&> Total bulshit ... though i requested some technical information on SCA=
N08
&> chip .. they sent me back to the link i gave them ..

Well, that's better than what I have for a response so far (nothing.)
I guess now that the underside of my platen has some dust on it, and I've
noticed that WinXP is not supported (just 2000; the 1394 device stays
unrecognized, generally, (a 6700)) it's time to have a good look for the
obvious JTAG port or such here.

On the other hand, an Australian named Wilfried may actually understand
English or one of the easily e-mailed romance languages.... :)