[sane-devel] Re: saned problems with xinetd

Jochen Eisinger jochen.eisinger@gmx.de
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:52:08 +0200

--------------enig97ABF95867FD8DFC70AE985C

Hi,

Robert Kleemann wrote:
> Sure, I ran "tcpdump -i any -x -s 1024" and then ran "scanimage -L"
> locally.  You can find the output at:
> http://www.kleemann.org/crap/tcpdump1
01:23:46.723361 manny.sane > manny.37793: P 1:45(44) ack 20 win 32767
<nop,nop,timestamp 70916012 70916012> (DF)

                        E..`.>@.@..W...
                        .............P.
                        ............:..
                        .:../bin/bash: /
                        root/.bashrc: Pe
                        rmission denied.

after pipeing the tcpdump through a perl script (ok, ok, hennings C hack
was faster, but mine looks better! :)

Maybe you should use /bin/sh for such things or make sure bash doesn't
access files it shouldn't access

>>--
>>...and I doubt complaining to the author will get you
>>anything but a free procmail rule.
> I hope I haven't offended you.  I tried to get it working on my own
> and when I failed I hoped that sending a detailed message to the list
> would jog the memory of people who had a similar problem.  I really
> appreciate all this free software!
Hehe, I hope I didn't offend you... that's just a footer I include in
all my emails nowadays. It's just meant as a joke... finally, this
mailing list here exists to help users with such problems.

btw. you already have your procmail rule, it sorts your mail to
$MAILDIR/Mailing\ Lists/sane

regards
-- jochen