[sane-devel] New version of the gt68xx backend released

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:48:11 +0200

Hi,

There is a new version of the gt68xx backend: 1.0-11.

http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/

Changes:

- 1200 dpi works now at least for the BearPaw 1200 CU. Maybe also for
  the other scanners.
- Added manual and automatic offset/gain/exposure control for the CIS
  scanners. The image should be better now.
- Added debug option to scan the full scan area including the
  calibration strip.

I'm interested in reports from testers. Especially if I broke the
GT-6816 scanners (BearPaw 1200TA, 2400TA) while changing the
gain/exposure control. And I want to know, which resolutions work for
which scanner. I can only test the BearPaw 1200 CU currently.

These scanners are known to work basically:

Mustek BearPaw 1200 CU
Mustek ScanExpress 1200 UB Plus
Mustek BearPaw 1200 TA
Mustek BearPaw 2400 TA
Mustek BearPaw 2400 TA Plus

Scanners that are untested until now and may work:

Mustek BearPaw 2400 CU
Mustek BearPaw 1200 CS

Scanners that use one of the GT-68xx chips but are not detected yet:

Plustek 1248U (gt6801)
Artec Ultima 2000 (gt6801)
Boeder Sm@rtScan Slim Edition (gt6801)
Packard Bell Diamond 1200 (gt6816, CIS, 0x055f, 0x021c, firmware boot doesn't work?)

For these scanners I'm interested in the vendor/device ids, which
chip they use and if they are CIS or CCD scanners (if I haven't
mentioned it). Also if anyone has on of
them, he may try to get it working (ask me!) with the backend.

Maybe also the Medion/Tevion scanners that are supported by the
tevion9693usb backend work when the ids are added (Tevion
MD9693/Medion MD9705/Artec E+ 48U).

Happy testing!

Henning