[sane-devel] epson 2450 firewire configuration

Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:51:17 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 11:08:52PM +0100, rob wrote:
> The only other scsi device I have isn't really scsi it's a ide cdwriter
> which uses id-scsi so it's possible something isn't right in the kernel
> but sg is complied and loaded.

I remember problems with ide-scsi that prevented the communication
with SCSI scanners. I don't know if this is true anymore but maybe you
try without ide-scsi loaded.

> scanimage -L
> device `v4l:/dev/video0' is a Noname mgacap-0 virtual device
>
> which I can scan from fine

That's good. Maybe I even find the time to add frequency control to
the v4l backend...