[sane-devel] Sane and microtek2 hangs on large scans

Edenyard mail@edenyard.co.uk
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:38:23 +0000

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:47:53 +0200, abel deuring wrote:

> Can you run another test with SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255 and
> SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK2=255 ? The debug output perhaps gives us a better
> clue about the problem.

> As Henning already wrote, you don't need to set these variables in
> /etc/profile, but you can set them on the command line.

   Very many thanks for both the prompt response and also the useful
clues here! I carried out your instructions, both for a 75 DPI scan
(which worked) and a 150 DPI scan (which failed). The 75 DPI scan
produced a log file 348346 bytes long, whereas the 150 DPI scan only
produced one of 74816 bytes.

   I've looked through both of these files, but to be honest, I have no
real idea what I'm looking for. I'm sure I'd be very unpopular if I
tried to send these files to the list, so what do you suggest that I do
with them?

   Thanks in advance!

      Gerald.