[sane-devel] test backend: 1 bit RGB data for grid pattern

David Mosberger-Tang David.Mosberger@acm.org
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:50:01 -0700

  Oliver> abel deuring schrieb:
  >>  Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
  >> >
  >> > The easiest way would be to > forbid 1 bit RGB in the standard
  >> :-)

  >> that would indeed be a convenient alternative.

  Oliver> I think that makes sense.  When a backend really does
  Oliver> support this then it can send it as 8 bit rgb image.

Never mind my comments.  I missed the fact that you're talking about
1-bit RGB data only (not 1-bit monochrome, which does make a lot of
sense).  I think I added 1-bit RGB just because the Mustek scanner
could do it, but it always was a mystery to me why 1-bit RGB data
would be useful.  I don't think even dithering helps there.

	--david