[sane-devel] Proposal: SANE standard addition

Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:42:27 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 11:45:37PM +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> If it's really necessary to point out that it was undefined, we should
> point to the old version number of the standard.

On the other hand it's in the ChangeLog anyway. So if anyone is
interested in history he can look at that.

If no one opposes I will add the following text after

| Conceptually, each frame is transmitted a byte at a time. Each byte
| may contain 8 sample values (for an image bit depth of 1), one full
| sample value (for an image bit depth of 8), or a partial sample value
| (for an image bit depth of 16 or bigger). In the latter case, the
| bytes of each sample value are transmitted in the machine's native
| byte order.

"For depth 1, the leftmost pixel is stored in the most significant
bit, and the rightmost pixel in the least significant bit."

I'll also fix the test backend and xscanimage.