[sane-devel] Re: 610p protocol Info.. My first cut.

VOLTZ Stéphane stef-listes@wanadoo.fr
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:00:53 +0200

    Hello,

    I'm afraid that sysinternals utility will be useless. To my
knowlegde It uses
windows API to monitor parport I/O, and the Vistascan uses a VxD which
does direct hardware access.
    The only way I found was to set I/O breakpoint in a custom VxD and log
accesses to a file. Due some needed "features" if only works with win95
(not win95b).
    Some datas I've allready received show that unlike the umax 1220P which
is built on top of an EPAT (version C7), the 610P does not use EPPADR, but
only EPPDATA, which puzzles me, since I just can't understand how the
ASIC registers are adressed.

Regards,
    Stef