[sane-devel] Acer USB scanner

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Mon Sep 2 18:46:11 BST 2002

Hi,

On Monday 02 September 2002 13:44, Martin Burheim Tingstad wrote:
> I've got trouble getting a Acer 620 UT working.
> It was working all up until recently. When trying to scan, i get
> "Unable eto access minor data", but only after it has scanned for
> about a second or two. I get some data, typically a white field in
> the preview. I detect the scanner ok.

The message "unable to access minor data" is generated while SANE is looking
for available USB scanners (it is generated when probing a non-existent
device). The message does not indicate an error as long as your scanner is
detected.

> I suspect something is wrong with the driver, since it says:
>
> Module                Size    Used by
> scanner                10080   0

That's o.k. as well. The value will probably change to 1 once you're actually
scanning the image data.

To get some more information about the failures you're seeing please send me a
debug log. Run "export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255" in a shell, then run
 "xsane 2>debug.log" from the shell (or "xscanimag 2>debug.log", whatever you
prefer.). Then send me the debug.log file.

Regards,

Oliver