[sane-devel] Scanner buttons (kind of RFC)

mh crapsite at gmx.net
Wed Sep 11 17:36:39 BST 2002

Matto Marjanovic, Mittwoch, 11. September 2002 18:16:
>  >I've lost a little bit track of what you've already discussed, but as a
>  > user, what I would think is a nice feature is when I can take a bunch of
>  > papers, sit beside the scanner and only need to press the scanner button
>  > each time, without grabbing mouse, clicking here and there... Last time
>  > I tried this I didn't find a way to do it...
>
> I'm not saying that you can do this today, but...
>
> Couldn't this be implemented as an ADF-like feature of a backend?

I don't know, whether you've read my first posting, but the only problem is,
that there's no way for a frontend to detect whether a button has been
pressed. What Norman Urs Baier requests is a job for the *frontend* and not
for the backend :-)
If we would agree, that opening a device over the network blocks that device
(i.e. access is limited to one user), then the neccessary framework could be
even present in the next sane release (1.0.9).

bb
Michael