[sane-devel] New version of the gt68xx backend released

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Sep 22 23:15:25 BST 2002

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 11:49:27PM +0200, Irvin Probst wrote:
> Here are the results for a mustek 1200 UB Plus, with full scan, safe
> preview and automatic gain turned off, 8bits depth, enhancement and
> geometry with default values.

Does automatic gain also work? I mean, are the colors ok with it
enabled?

> For 1200 dpi, the scan process seems to work, but when I try to load the
> pnm file gimp says "premature end of file" (or something like that).
> However the pnm file is really big (144 MB) and it may be a problem with
> gimp.

I think so. On the other hand I never actually tried 1200 dpi/full
size. Maybe overnight :-)

Usually I only test 50x50 mm or so.

> Color: 50, 75, 150, 300, 600 dpi work well too with very good colors
> now.

Ok.

> Same problem as W&B for 1200 dpi (ohh my god it takes one hour to scan a
> full A4 page at 1200dpi with this scanner). However for color and w&b if
> I scan just a little part of the image the resulting file is loaded by
> gimp.

That's good. Looks like the 1200 UB Plus has really the same hardware
as the BearPaw 1200 CU.

Thanks for testing,