[sane-devel] Success (was problems) with CVS-code on OS/2

Franz Bakan Franz Bakan" <fbakan@gmx.net
Thu, 03 Apr 2003 02:22:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 00:49:22 +0200 (CEST), Franz Bakan wrote:

>2. scanimage -L  or  scanimage 1>image.pnm
>ends with coredump. (sigsegv)

Compiled again today and everything is fine, no
more sigsegvs or coredumps. Weird.

In the meantime I got a second computer and found
time to test saned. I can report that this feature also works
with 2 OS/2 Computers over the network. Tested with
1.0.11 and current CVS-code.

If I don't have dll.conf on the remote computer
containing 'net'
I get
scanimage.exe: sane_start: Out of memory
when executing
scanimage 1>image.pnm

scanimage -L
works with or without dll.conf.

More good news:

I also got a positive feeback that 1.0.11 is working
with a sharp-scsi (Jx250) and a
mustek_pp parallelport scanner (Medion MD9890). :-)

And there is success with some epson USB scanners on OS/2
(epson-relevant parts of sane and a 'kernel-like' USB-Interface
compiled with IBM Visualage C++ by a guy in Japan)

Binaries and info available as part of the new version 0.96 of
a OS/2 specific frontend (for scanimage)  called TAME/2.

-> http://www.os2world.com/goran/tame.htm

Bye
Franz