[sane-devel] Microtek Slimscan C3 USB

Fri, 4 Apr 2003 10:37:12 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 12:02:08AM -0500, Josh Gladden wrote:
> I'm new to the list and have recently installed Linux on my system.  I
> have a Slimscan C3 USB scanner.  I see that SANE supports the C3
> PARPORT, but nothing about USB.  Is there a way to redirect to the USB
> port?

The microtek2 maintainer may have more details for that issue. Anyway
I'm guessing a bit:

Have a look at the manpage (sane-microtek2). The USB scanners are
supported by the microtec kernel module. So if that scanner uses a
SCSI-over-USB protocol it may work if you get it detected by the
microtek driver. You'll need to add the vendor & product ids to
drivers/usb/microtek.c. At least your scanner doesn't seem to be
mentioned there.

Please show us the output of cat /proc/bus/usb/devices when your
scanner is plugged in. You may need to run "mount -t usbdevfs
/proc/bus/usb /proc/bus/usb" if that file isn't there.