[sane-devel] SCSI device running on Darwin

Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:02:54 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 12:09:48AM +0000, Justin Gombos wrote:
> I read in the docs that SANE cannot accommodate Darwin SCSI devices
> because "there are no functions in sanei_scsi to access Darwin generic
> SCSI devices.  Patches are welcome."
>
> This was written in the docs of version 1.0.11.  Is this still the
> case?  I know on some projects the docs can get behind.

There is no support until now. And as far as I know nobody is working
on that topic. But better wait some days for responses.

> Also, suppose I get a USB to SCSI converter.  What are the chances
> that will fix the problem?  Anyone attempt this?

There was a similar discussion some days ago. If you find a SCSI
controller that connects to the USB and is supported by Darwin it
should work. However, they don't seem to be cheap so the question is
if it's worth it.

> BTW- I'm running OSX 10.2.4 on an beige g3, trying to install an Epson
> 1200s.  I apologize if this is a duplicate question; the archives are
> unsearchable and I didn't get the urge to browse them.

The mailing list search engine works quite well for me so what's the
problem for you? See http://www.mostang.com/sane/mail.html