[sane-devel] Problems with CX-3200

Tyler Montbriand tsm@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:03:22 -0600

Running Mandrake 9.0 with custom kernel
Kernel:  2.4.21-0.11
Xsane:  0.87
libsane: 1.0.8-5

I've managed to get my Epson CX-3200 print/scan/copy device working very =
well=20
with Linux, for the most part.  Printing through CUPS works fine, and I'v=
e=20
finally managed to get SANE configured to use my scanner.  How simple it =
is=20
when you know how...

As for what driver it's using, 'scanimage -L' gives=20
'device `Epson:/dev/usb/scanner0' is a Epson CC-570L scanner' and that wo=
rks -=20
for the most part.  There is one obnoxious problem, however;  when the=20
scanner decides it needs to warm up for awhile first(the LCD on the front=
=20
panel says 'warming up'), Xsane waits awhile, gives an error popup messag=
e,=20
then spinlocks(taking 100% cpu) until it's killed.  Upon restarting Xsane=
,=20
the scanner's warmed up by now and works again.  Is this a known problem?