[sane-devel] copy-utility for ps scan

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:58:03 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 06:38:46PM -0700, asi wrote:
> I have some advice on scanning books with the XSANE copy utility.
> I've just bought a HP ScanJet 6300C(it's on the way), it's a pretty
> good scanner, and I've been using it in windows platform, with the HP
> Copy Utility, print to file... boom, you get an acceptable quality ps
> file.
>
> With SANE-copy utility in my Linux box, what should I do to obtain
> the best quality postscript scan?

You want to copy with XSane? The settings depend on what you want to
copy and what your printer can do. I'm setting the resolution to 600
dpi, that's the maximum my printer can do. And I'm using lineart-mode.
Sometimes the threshold must be adjusted for light or dark images.

But your settings may vary, especially if your books contain a lot of
images instead of text.