[sane-devel] Questions on dust-removal and infrared support on Nikon

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:09:41 +0100

> Although the new coolscan backend supports the IR-channel, I cannot
> get this combination working again. So I have two questions:

Coolscan2 has a different way of transferring the IR image to the
frontend. Read the sane-coolscan manpage for more information. Note
that the R channel correction done by the coolscan backend is not
available in coolscan2 (because it doesn't make sense to do it in the
backend). I suggest you code that into the GIMP plugin.

> 2)One of the things the coolscan2-backend is trying to do is
> to incorporate dust-removal in the backend. I cannot find the
> status of this. If needed, I can do some testing on the LS2000.

No, but there are plans for a meta-backend, but for the moment the
only dust-removal code is in duster.c in Coolscan2 CVS on
SourceForge. Please give it a try if you feel like hacking a bit.

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net
    www:    http://andras.webhop.org/