[sane-devel] Gradually increasing scan times

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:22:20 +0200

Hi,

if you believe it is a memory problem, you can run xosview to watch the
memory use during scan.
But it really may be a hardware problem. The scanner is warming up the
lamp and is waiting until the light stabilizes. And maybe you have a
version of the hp-backend that switches off the lamp after each scan.
The current backend will not do that. This could also speed up the
following scans.

Sincerely

Peter