[sane-devel] Gradually increasing scan times

Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:27:49 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 01:36:41AM -0500, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> >Could you run scanimage or xsane or another frontend with the
> >environment variables SANEI_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255 and
> >SANE_DEBUG_HP=255? Perhaps this will give us a clue, what is going on.
>
> I get no output, unless it's writing some log file somewhere I don't
> know
> about.

The debug output goes to stderr. And it's quite unusual to diable the
debug messages. On the other hand, it's a very old package...

> Apparently, the rpm I installed does not have debugging enabled.
> (And this is the one I can't recompile. :(  )

To make sure, try:

SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 scanimage -L

If this doesn't pront anything, debugging is disabled.

> [root@mofo xsane]# ( export SANEI_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255; export
> SANE_DEBUG_HP=255; scanimage -d hp:/dev/sg3 | xloadimage stdin )

SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255, not SANEI_DEBUG. But the HP one is correct.