[sane-devel] Last call for new backends

Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:18:31 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 07:48:14PM +0200, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> What about also including these backends (they are listed in
> sane/sane-backends/doc/descriptions-external/ in the current CVS snapshot):

Noone of the maintainers of these backends asked for inckusion as far
as I know. I hesitate to add a backend without an active maintainer.

> hp5400

No idea.

> ibm

Not much used I guess at least the feedback I got was pretty minimal.
But maybe the author got more. I'll have a look if it can be included
without too much changes.

> lhii

The webpage is gone and  I haven't heard about this for years. Anyone
using handscanners anymore?

> niash

No idea.

> onetouch8600

I'm getting a "connection closed " or "document contains no data" from
the server currently.

> primax

That one may need some work to integrate it into sane as it currently
compiles stand-alone.

> scanwit

Seems to think the device is detected without checking?

> v4l2

Is v4l2 used at all?

> viceo

IIRC, can't be added because of license trouble.