[sane-devel] Re: [linux-usb-devel] Why could not Xsane find my USB scanner? Sane-find-scanner, scanimage, xscanimage all can.

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:16:46 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 04:59:01PM -0500, Peter Chen wrote:
> I'm using Redhat 9. I installed the most recent Sane CVS and then installed
> Xsane using its RPM for Redhat 8.
>
> When I ran Xsane, even as root, it always told me it could not find my
> Fujitsu fi-4120c scanner. What could be the reason?

You are using two installations of sane-backends. XSane uses the one
that came with your installation, scanimage uses the new one.

Remove the sane-backends RPM that came with your distribution. There
are a few other ways but basically you shouldn't have two versions of
SANE at the same time. Search the sane-devel mailing list archive for
more details.