[sane-devel] adding dev/ppbus/ppi.h detection to configure

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:29:41 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 05:05:23PM +0000, stef wrote:
> 	Ahem, autowhat ?

:-)

info autoconf
info autoheader

> I thing I going to learn something ... what would be
> the correct way to add this header check ? Modyfy config.in and run automake and
> then autoheader ?

No. automake itsself isn't used in the SANE project. It's for
generating Makefile.in and we don't do that (yet).

Here is the general list what to do when working on the sane configure
system:

* if you modify acinclude.m4, run aclocal to generate aclocal.m4 (also
  do the next two steps in this case)
* if you modify configure.in, run autoconf to generate configure, and
* run autoheader to generate include/sane/config.h.in.

So you need the last two. autoheader reads configure.in and generates
include/sane/config.h automatically. It knows how to add a
#define HAVE_SOMETHING_H from the AC_CHECK_HEADERS and other autoconf
macros.

Check include/sane/config.h.in. autoheader should add just the same as
in your patch.