[sane-devel] New Scanner?

Michael Herder crapsite@gmx.net
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 08:38:07 +0200

Jason Glazebrook, Sonntag, 20. April 2003 07:33:
> I'm using sane 1.0.9 from gentoo (www.gentoo.org). I think it is the
> latest they have, but I could be wrong. I have a Memorex MEM48u which
> looks like it is an Artec +48u scanner from everything I've found. My
> firmware is Artec48.usb as well. The only thing different from my scanner
> and everything I found on the internet is the product ID. Mine is 0x4005,
> which can not be found anywhere. The Vendor ID 0x05d8 is the same as all
> the others, just the product is different.
>
> My question: Is this enough to cause sane not to work? If so is it a
> reasonably easy fix? Is there any hope?

The Memorex MEM48u has been reported to work with the artec_eplu48u backend,
but IIRC no one told me, that it has a different product ID.
Unfortunately, the backend isn't included in sane-1.0.9, therefore you
should download the latest version from http://www.mostang.com/sane
(sane-backends-1.0.11.tar.gz). Compile and install it. Afterwards, take a
look at the file artec_eplus48u.conf.
Change e.g. the line
 usb 0x05d8 0x4003
 usb 0x05d8 0x4005
and add the path to the firmware in line
 option artecFirmwareFile <path>/Artec48.usb

Please let me know, whether it works.

bb
Michael