[sane-devel] How to scan both sides, grayscale 16 bits, multiple pages using Fujitsu fi-4120c?

Peter Chen peterchenn@hotmail.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 14:02:27 -0500

Hi all,

I want to scan both sides using Fujitsu fi-4120c, so I tried many frontends,
including xscanimage, scanadf and xsane, but I could not do it.

I read fujitsu.c and it said I need to call sane_start again to get the 2nd
page, is that right?

And also, how does ADF work? I read scanadf.c and found that scanadf does
not rely on backends' ADF capability to scan multiple pages. So if I use
Fujitsu fi-4120c, how could I setup fi-4120c to work like an ADF scanner? Do
I need to alter SANE code flow?

And may I setup fi-4120c to GrayScale 16 bits? That's 256 levels, right?

Should I include fujitsu.h in order to use those fujitsu_options like
MODE_GRAYSCALE and duplex_pipe, etc? Do I need to change the symbolic link
libsane.so to fujitsu's so?

Thanks a lot!

Peter