[sane-devel] Problem with setting Fujitsu fi-4120c to Grayscale

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:02:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Peter Chen wrote:

> I tried scanimage with --mode=gray, and it worked fine. But I could not do
> it with --duplex=both. It said:
> scanimage: sane_start: invalid argument. scanadf did not work either.

ok, sounds like a driver problem. the output from setting
SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=128 would be helpful.

> I'm using RedHat 7.2 with fi-4120c, and I feel it works fine with usb, at
> least now:).

you tell me in one sentence that it has errors, and in the next it works
fine? i assume what you are trying to say is that you dont want to switch
to scsi, just to test.

well, i can tell you, that on my 4120c, duplex gray scanning works just
fine via scsi. so far, i cant get usb to run stably. it would be helpful
if you tested on both connections.

allan

 When I tried to use sane-find-scanner under RedHat 7.1, it gave