[sane-devel] Problem with setting Fujitsu fi-4120c to Grayscale

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:02:21 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 03:04:53PM -0500, Peter Chen wrote:
> I entered SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=128 as a shell command (am I doing it right?)

Either do

export SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=255
scanimage ...

or

SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=255 scanimage ...

At least if you use bash as your shell.

> In my previous email, I said my sane_start() hanged, later on I found it's
> because I called fopen() before I called sane_start(), now I put fopen()
> after sane_start() and it works, I am not sure how to deal with it when I
> add the ADF feature.

Maybe you can show us some parts of the source code if such a problem
arises in future. At least I don't understand for what you need fopen
without further information and why using it should influence
sane_start/sane_read.