[sane-devel] Problems with old MUSTEK MFZ-06000CZ

Pekka K. Kurki Pekka.Kurki@intellectics.at
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 15:02:36 +0100

Hi!

My previous email to the list got mixed up somehow. Here a new try:

I have an old MUSTEK MFZ-06000CZ which I would like to "reactivate"
after some Linux updates. I now run RedHat 9 with Xsane 0.89. The MUSTEK
used to work earlier with some other SW. I have also HP OfficeJet v40 in
the system and that works OK. But MUSTEK is not detected, instead, I
always get just the window for HP Officejet presented after detecting
devices. I see on the system following:

  /usr/bin/sane-find-scanner

found SCSI scanner "MUSTEK MFC-06000CZ 1.02" at /dev/scanner
found SCSI scanner "MUSTEK MFC-06000CZ 1.02" at /dev/sg0
found SCSI scanner "MUSTEK MFC-06000CZ 1.02" at /dev/sga

but unfortunately:

scanimage -L
device `hpoj:mlc:usb:OfficeJet_V40' is a Hewlett-Packard OfficeJet V40
multi-function peripheral

which means MUSTEK is not detected. The mustek.conf includes lines:

scsi * * * * * *
/dev/sg0

and the dll.conf contans the line:

mustek

The file /usr/lib/sane/libsane-mustek.so.1.0.9 exists in the system.

Now I don't know where to search any more. Unfortunately sane doesn't
produce any log/error files. Any ideas?

br,

Pekka

--